Automatically Insert Rows in Dependent Table

gsheridan

Hello,

I have 2 data tables that get updated and carried forward every month. I have another tab that essentially has each table stacked on top of each other 8 times, with formulas and links to the data tables. When I insert new rows to the data tables, I would like the rows automatically inserted into the linking/formula tab, and if possible the formulas copied down. Currently when I insert a new data row, I then have to insert a row and copy the formulas down 16 times.

Is it possible to insert a row into the data table, and have the linking/formula tab have rows automatically inserted? Or is it possible to make the tables in the linking/formula tab dependent on the data table, especially with them being stacked on top of each other?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Hello,

I have 2 data tables that get updated and carried forward every month. I have another tab that essentially has each table stacked on top of each other 8 times, with formulas and links to the data tables. When I insert new rows to the data tables, I would like the rows automatically inserted into the linking/formula tab, and if possible the formulas copied down. Currently when I insert a new data row, I then have to insert a row and copy the formulas down 16 times.

Is it possible to insert a row into the data table, and have the linking/formula tab have rows automatically inserted? Or is it possible to make the tables in the linking/formula tab dependent on the data table, especially with them being stacked on top of each other?

show us an example of what you are trying to do

Upvote 0
Thank you for the response.

I have Table 1 in tab 1. There are 1233 rows of data. I insert a row of data to make Table 1 have 1234 rows of data.

I have 8 Tables in tab 2, stacked on top of each other. These tables reference Table 1, are 1233 rows, and have unique formulas. When I insert a row in Table 1 to make it 1234 rows, I would like excel to automatically make each of the tables in tab 2 to have 1234 rows, preferably with their formulas copied down.

Please let me know if this example is unclear. Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0
Table 1; Tab 1
Row 1232Data
Row 1233Data
Row 1234 (New row)Data

<tbody>
</tbody>

Table 2, 3, etc...; Tab 2
Row 1232Formula
Row 1233Formula
Row 1234 (Automatically inserted when Table 1 Updated)Formula (Copied Down)

<tbody>
</tbody>
Row 1232Formula 2
Row 1233Formula 2
Row 1234 (Automatically inserted when Table 1 Updated)Formula 2 (Copied Down)

<tbody>
</tbody>
etc...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back