Help with Formula

sajohnson05

I have two tabs with a list of different sites. I am needing to get cost amounts based on the type of work and also a count of line items per system. Below i have shown what is on one tab and the other tab where i need sum and count. Any help would be great. Thanks

Tab 1

DivisionSiteSystemEqptDescriptionItem Code Cost
StarVille MCAir DistributionAHU01 -OICSmoke Detector is on unit but not being read by Metasys AS $485.00
StarVille MCAir DistributionAHU01 -OICDampers do not have the same hysteresis CM $420.00
StarVille MCAir DistributionAHU01 -OICBad OA humidity sensor CM $331.00
StarVille MCAir DistributionAHU01 -OICExhaust damper actuator bad & damper stuck closed CM $1,012.00
StarVille MCAir DistributionAHU01 -OICAdd low limits for proper coverage CM $838.00
StarVille MCAir DistributionAHU01 -OICClean Air Flow rings and repair flex FM $280.00
StarVille MCAir DistributionAHU01 -OICClean OSA intake grills FM $834.00
StarVille MCAir DistributionAHU01 -OICdamper/valves with actuators that have feed back AE $4,388.00

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

# of line items per system
Tab 2
DivisionSite Total CMTotal FMTotal MaintenanceCost Total AS Total AE Total ULTotal AUGrand TotalAir DistributionCHWHW

<colgroup><col><col><col span="3"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Hi sajohnson05,

Assuming your table is columns A thru G, use the following formulas:

Total Cost Amount by Type of Work: =SUMIFS(G:G,F:F,Reference) where Reference is the Type of Work you are summing (in this example I'm assuming Item Code - column F - represents the Type of Work)

Count of Line Items per System: =COUNTIFS(C:C,Reference) where Reference is the System you are counting (i.e. "Air Distribution" or a cell reference containing "Air Distribution")

Best,

Tyler Hilton

Upvote 0
Thank you. The only thing that I failed to mention is that I will have 53 different sites and would need a be able to sum and count by that site

Upvote 0
Thank you. The only thing that I failed to mention is that I will have 53 different sites and would need a be able to sum and count by that site

Hi sajohnson05,

To sum and count by site, simply add that range and site reference to the end of each formula:

=SUMIFS(G:G,F:F,TypeReference,B:B,SiteReference)

=COUNTIFS(C:C,SystemReference,B:B,SiteReference)

Hope this helps.

Best,

Tyler Hilton

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back