adobe pro to save word document (excel macro)

ogerwolf

Hello All,

I have an uncommon situation where I fill out a word form using excel marco (IT disabled word macos...). To follow up on the existent code I already have, I would like to be able to save the newly created word document into pdf. I like very much the adobe pro plug in and wondered if its possible to write a macro that will save my word document into pdf using the plug in.

Can someone help me with that, I dont even know where to start!

Thank you for your help

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
If macro functionality has been installed for Excel, they have to be installed for Word - you CANNOT install VBA for one Office application and not for another. At most, one can change the macro security settings in the Trust Centre for a given application. Presumably, then, you can also change those settings. Regardless, you cannot save a Word document to PDF without automating Word but, since you're already doing that, saving to PDF is a trivial exercise. See, for example:
• Send Mailmerge Output to Individual Files; or
• Split Merged Output to Separate Documents,
in the Mailmerge Tips and Tricks thread at:
Mailmerge Tips & Tricks
or:
Word Mailmerge Tips & Tricks | Windows Secrets Lounge
IMHO it's rather pointless trying to control macro access the way your IT dept is doing - you're already circumventing it...

Upvote 0
word library hasn't been disable for excel. you just cant run macros inside MS word. I know how to save a word to pdf, my question is how to do it using adobe pro plug in I have.

thx

Upvote 0
Why would you do with Adobe when Word's own Save options can save to PDF? Using Adobe means automating that in addition to automating Word (which you're already doing). And, if you're thinking of using the Adobe 'print driver', AFAIK that can't be automated to save to a specified file/folder.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamz high

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back