Rounding Up or Down depending on Start & End time

rstyers

I have a spreadsheet that I use to Input a Start Time and End Time in one column and the decimal value to that time in another column.
This is what I use for getting the total hours per day:=IF(D2="","",D2-C2) Pretty simple.
This is what I use to get the Decimal value total hours per day: =IF(D2="","",HOUR(E2)+MINUTE(E2)/60)
My problem is how to round up or down based on the "Conversion Table - Minutes to Decimal Hour". This is a table 1 thur 60 with the decimal value .02 thru 1.0
Lets say your Start time is 7:00 am and End time is 4:11 pm which is 9 hours 11 minutes or (9 hours .18 decimal minutes) which would roundup because its closer to 4:15 than 4:00.. Each 15 minutes which ever is closer.
Don't know if I can post the "Conversion Table" with this post. It is a common table on the internet.
Thanks so much for any help!!!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Sorry, I did not know we could not post to other totally separate forums that have nothing to do with this one. I only was opening more possibilities for more answers. Which I got my answer at another web site not this one. If I was still waiting on this site I'd never get an answer. Is that fair? If anyone would like the answer its =MROUND(cell #, "0:15") Please remove me from this site so there will not be any more confusion. Thanks, Richard

Upvote 0
Hi,

No one said you can't post to this forum if you had already posted elsewhere. It's just proper forum etiquette to post the link where you also posted the question elsewhere, so that potential helpers can refer to your other posting to see what has been suggested, working, not working, etc., so that they won't waste their time if it's already been tried or solved.

Refer to Macropod's post #2 regarding forum rule #13.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's just proper forum etiquette to post the link where you also posted the question elsewhere, so that potential helpers can refer to your other posting to see what has been suggested, working, not working, etc., so that they won't waste their time if it's already been tried or solved.
For some people, that seems to be too much to ask...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianhfield

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back