Excel compatibility with Google Drive & iPads

BakerUK

Hello all

I have built an interactive xlsm file for someone with lots of vba included - in short user forms (not the in built ones, built with vba) which submit new entries to listing sheets and dashboard of results auto refresh.

They have asked 3 things I'm unsure of and can't immediately find definitive answers online. Can anyone answer or direct me to the right place?

1) Can the file be shared through Google Drive? I've never used it but assuming this would work fine?

2) They have a Google Docs file they update for one part of the system. Can I build something in vba which imports this into my xlsm? I'd be comfortable saying yes if it was .txt or .csv but have no idea about file types etc with Google Docs.

3) Will it work on an iPad? My previous experience of this is the macros won't run, the hidden sheets won't hide, certain autoshapes won't appear properly and all sorts of issues. But that was a few years ago so is there an app or any other method to workaround this?

As always - any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I haven't been lazy, I Googled all 3 questions, but got conflicting responses.

Thanks

Baker

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Only desktop versions of Office support VBA. You can't run it on an iPad or Android tablet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back