Cursor keeps highlighting and won't let me select

aflatrock

As soon as I put the cusor on the spreadsheet it highlights wherever I move the cursor and won't stop. I have to press ctrl alt del to get out of excel. When I restart it will let me highlight the menu bar, but it does the same thing again when I click the cursor in the worksheet. I have restarted my computer and the program a hundred times....well so it seems! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much :rolleyes: :oops: :oops: .

Hi,

It really does sound like an F8 problem. Maybe you've got some internal sticking's in your keyboard? Do you have another keyboard with which to test this on? And also, can you duplicate the process w/ F8 on your current keyboard? (And turn it back off again?)

Just curious. I'm really glad you got it working though. I know how frustrating that stuff can be.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
This happens to me all the time. Are you working remotely? I seem to have the same problem if I leave my remote excel running for to long. And the only thing that ever fixes it for me is logging off the citrix server for a while.

Upvote 0
This is sooooo frustrating. :x :x

I have the same problem. I have had it before and it went away and now it's back. It has nothing to do with sticky keyboards or dodgy mice. The problem is restricted to Excel and is either a bug in Excel or a virus type thing. :devilish:

I have removed all the macros and stuff that I can find, anybody got any other clues

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back