Excel Tables

lzweifel

Board Regular
Hello,

I would like to compile my data into a table where I can sort more efficiently... the problem I am faced with is that I have two categories, I think... what I am sorting through are parts so there are part numbers/serial numbers/cost etc... however there are a few categories of parts, so I would like to be able to compile parts within their category as well as all together... I would also like to be able to have dollar totals for the entire list as well as for each category.

I have search for answers, but because I am probably not describing it properly I am not finding exactly what I need.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Hi lzweifel,
for the sorting: if you use Custom Sort in the menu (in the Sort&Filter menu), you could create various sort levels: so first sort by Category, after that by Part Number. For your totals: there are two ways: 1) create a small table yourself with SUMIFS formulas to add up all the values you need (e.g. for one category) or 2) select your table as a source for a Pivot Table and get the totals in that way.
Hope that helps,
Koen

Upvote 0
Hi lzweifel,
for the sorting: if you use Custom Sort in the menu (in the Sort&Filter menu), you could create various sort levels: so first sort by Category, after that by Part Number. For your totals: there are two ways: 1) create a small table yourself with SUMIFS formulas to add up all the values you need (e.g. for one category) or 2) select your table as a source for a Pivot Table and get the totals in that way.
Hope that helps,
Koen

You can also group by category and part number with subtotals.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back