Odd behaviour in Excel VBA Editor.

sts023

Board Regular
Strictly speaking this isn't a "How do I" question, but it's a behaviour in the VBA Editor that is irritating, frustrating, and I wondered if it's peculiar to me.

Being sight impaired, I use an 800x600 screen resolution.

When I'm in the VBA Editor, I have 3 panes active. The Project Explorer at the top left, the Properties window immediately below it, and the Code pane takes up the whole of the right hand side.

When I right mouse click a Userform entry in the Project Explorer, I get a pop-up menu with the expected list of options, with "View Code" at the top, and because of the position of the panes, the "View Code" overlays the blue header bar.

When I click (normal single left mouse click) on "View Code", the relevant code is displayed in the Code pane, but the application then behaves as if I'd right Mouse clicked on the blue header bar, and I get the Restore/Move/Size/Minimise/Maximise/Close window.

OK, I can (and do) easily dismiss this by clicking in the code, but I was wondering if this just happens to me, or is it a known bug, and more importantly, is there a known fix?

I've tried Googling the symptoms, but I can't find a fix (or even a reference to the behaviour).
If I swap the left hand panes so that the Project pane is at the bottom, "View Code" still obscures the blue bar, but when I click on "View Code" everything works as it should.

OK, ,I could swap the panes around, but I'm a creature of habit, and being sight impaired I tend to rely on things being where they ought to be.
If it were a bit more irritating I'd contact Microsoft, but that's a sign of extreme desperation.

Anyone got any ideas for a fix which would let me keep my current screen layout?

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back