RankIF Assistance

rkeen0822

Office Version
  1. 2021
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to a Rank IF Statement to rank all Like entries based off their date to be produced. Below is a sample of what I am trying to rank however I just can't seem to get it to work. Thanks in advance for all the assistance.

If status is "Clear to Pack" then rank "X1" Line using the date due, and use for each additional line.
ABCDE
RANKORDERLINEDATE DUESTATUS
CLA126X17/26/16CLEAR TO PACK
RAF154X27/25/16NOT READY
RTS025X48/1/16NOT READY
TOP111X37/20/16CLEAR TO PACK
WET000X37/30/16CLEAR TO PACK
ERI090X38/1/16NOT READY
KRY451X57/27/16NOT READY
DAD191X57/16/16NOT READY
EAW165X78/3/16CLEAR TO PACK
EAD111X68/3/16CLEAR TO PACK
POP135X17/27/16NOT READY

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
rank by date (earliest date would be 1) but for each of the lines that have a status of Clear to Pack

Thanks for help

Upvote 0
=IF(E2="CLEAR TO PACK",MATCH(A2,LARGE(IF($D$2:$D$12=D2,$A$2:$A$12),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNTIF($D$2:$D$12,D2)))),0),"")
Put this in A2, make it an array by Pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter, may need to make the dates format as general, to still see the date id add in an extra column, reason for this is we are not actually using the rank formula, its a countif, sort of.

Upvote 0
=IF(E2="CLEAR TO PACK",MATCH(A2,LARGE(IF($D$2:$D$12=D2,$A$2:$A$12),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNTIF($D$2:$D$12,D2)))),0),"")
Put this in A2, make it an array by Pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter, may need to make the dates format as general, to still see the date id add in an extra column, reason for this is we are not actually using the rank formula, its a countif, sort of.

I tried this Peter and it is still reflecting everything as a blank on all 5000 records? Above is just a few of them as I didn't want to overload the forum. Not too sure but I input the formula however not getting the result? Also, I don't see any reference to the "Line" column, would this still work with this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
how does the line column come into it ?
I may be missing something, I assumed you want to rank the date, based on the status ?

I used your example you had given and it worked for myself using UK dates,

Upvote 0
each line needs to have its own set of ranking, so if line = X1 and Status is clear to pack, then rank the date, same with X2-X7.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back