Formula for verifying whether the value in three cells are #N/A or a numeric value

SemiCatS

Hi.

I've got three columns which values are determined by the VLOOKUP formula. Now I would like to create a fourth column, in which
the three before-mentioned columns are "verified". IF one of the three columns cointains a valid (numerical value picked up by the
VLOOKUP formula) then this value should be shown in the cell. IF all the three columns contains #N/A, the cell should say #N/A.

I've tried this: =IF(AND(B2="#N/A";C2="#N/A";D2="#N/A");"#N/A";"OK")

This formula should (?) return "OK" if a valid value is found and "#N/A" if not, but it doesn't work.lp
Second, I have no idea how to make it return the valid number - if found - instead of "OK".

I couldn't figure out how to attach the excel file in question, so I pasted the link to the dropbox-location below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gz1hi0q1dxaa8x/TC_ID+ALT_ID.xlsx?dl=0

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Stig M. Thu

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
You can check the presence of a non error value with =IF(SUM(IF(ISERROR(B3:D3),1))=3,"#N/A","ok"). Then pull down as needed

This is an array formula to be committed with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

To extract the value, I haven't found a solution yet

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For the first part:
=IF(COUNTIF(B2:D2,"<>#N/A"),"OK","#N/A")

for the second:
=LOOKUP(REPT("Z",255),B2:D2)
will return the last non-error value in the range, or #N/A if they are all errors.

Upvote 0
I went with this...

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'}span.s1 {color: #006107}span.s2 {color: #0057d6}span.s3 {color: #ab30d6}span.s4 {color: #a54a29}</style>=IF(COUNTIF(B2:D2, "#N/A") = 3, NA(), IFERROR(B2,"")&IFERROR(C2,"")& IFERROR(D2,""))

Upvote 0
This normally entered formula should work...

=IF(SUM(B2:D2),"OK",NA())

Upvote 0
I guess you didn't download the file, Rick? I was going to suggest COUNT based on the title of the question, but the returned values are not actually numbers, they are things like D000502052-001

Upvote 0
That would only return OK if all three cells contain a valid value, not if only one of them does.

Upvote 0
That would only return OK if all three cells contain a valid value, not if only one of them does.
I completely misread the original question (skimmed it too fast I guess)... I just reread it and realized I was trying to answer a question that was not asked.

What about this formula then...

=IF(COUNTIF(B2:D2,NA())=3,NA(),"OK")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi.
Thank you for the formula. I've never even heard of array formulas before, but it worked like a charm (Just had to replace any , with ; to make it work with my Norwegian setup of things)
This is going to save me a lot of manual labour and time. Wish you a nice week-end.

Best regards

Stig M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiz11713

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back