get result through VBA instead of function

Addora

Hello there,

Please, I need help, as I have a worksheet with a huge range of data reach up to 700k rows and more and some columns which have a function. due to the long range, I can't apply the function, as the worksheet take a long time to load, or it crashes. So I search for an effective way to find a final solution to save more time in waiting for the loading or fixing the crash.how Can I get the result through VBA model?

the Workbook sample

https://mega.nz/#!TVNFBI6Q!Xtsv8OV3q4z0FbP0UFmOvGbtRCOySAAfCDFWN6s0DUw

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
HI Addora,

This site is blocked in office network.
Few suggestions on formula a) do not give full row / column references in your formula b)use alternate functions which are fast. for example, you can use index match instead of Vlookkup c) copy paste formula as values ( but leave formula in first row).

Regards,
DILIPandey

Upvote 0
Hello Addora, it sounds like you'll need to use an array. I've never worked with an array having 700k+ in one of the dimensions, but I imagine that if you're using the latest versions of Excel, it should be able to handle it. For computer science reasons that are beyond me, performing data manipulation inside an array is much, much, much faster than trying to do the same thing using formulas in the main Excel screen. Take a look at these websites and see if they can help you get started. If you have specific questions after looking at these sites, feel free to come back with them.

This one is a good starter site. It's easy to understand and does a good job of getting you started if you've not worked with arrays before.
The Complete Guide to Using Arrays in Excel VBA - Excel Macro Mastery

This site is a lot more technical, but it has a lot of great information. I'd recommend searching the page to see if you can find the specific information you'll need.
VBA Arrays

This is another technical article, but it also has a lot of good information, and it's divided into a lot of sub-topics that may make it easier for you to find the information you're looking for.
VBA for smarties: Arrays

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back