How to disable a pivot table from a data model, Excel 2016

finnesand

When I create a pivot table, the default setting in the box “Add this data to the Data Model” was checked. The consequence is that creating calculated field (and items) and grouping is disabled. I have now changed the default setting.

My problem is that I have many pivot tables (mostly by using power query) with the default setting.

The question is how I can uncheck the box “Add this data to the Data Model” after I have created a pivot table? (or perhaps remove the data from the data model).

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
When I create a pivot table, the default setting in the box “Add this data to the Data Model” was checked. The consequence is that creating calculated field (and items) and grouping is disabled. I have now changed the default setting.

My problem is that I have many pivot tables (mostly by using power query) with the default setting.

The question is how I can uncheck the box “Add this data to the Data Model” after I have created a pivot table? (or perhaps remove the data from the data model).

I have the same question. I want to disable this data model setting on existing Pivot tables. Not sure if this is what is causing my issues, but in Excel 2016 when I try to expand the data set for a pivot table, the table gets reset and I have to rebuild the table. I'm hoping that removing the data model setting lets me manage my Pivots as I always did.

Upvote 0
How I change the default settings , that the box of " add to data model" is unchecked by default!

Upvote 0
Excel Options - Advanced - Data - Prefer the Excel Data Model when creating PivotTables, Query Tables and Data Connections (unchecked)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back