[Excel 2010] Splitting Excel sheet and saving values (not formulas) as different workbooks

RolloTamasi

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Arial; color: #232323; -webkit-text-stroke: #232323}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Arial; color: #232323; -webkit-text-stroke: #232323; min-height: 12.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}</style>Dear Excel experts,

I probably spent a day already searching for the solution but despite the many similar threads both here on mrexcel.com and elsewhere on the internet, I haven't been able to find anything satisfactory so far. My gut feeling is that perhaps my Excel version (Excel 2010, version 14.0.7015.1000 [32-bit]) is the culprit. Anyway, the background:

I've got a big Excel File with one main sheet called "Output" that has the following characteristics:
- headings in row 1
- variable number of columns
- variable number of rows with data (as of row 2)
- the majority of that data (rows 2 and further down) are formulas that refer to a variety of other sheets

The result I'm hoping to obtain is the following:
- a solution that allows me to automatically split the "Output" sheet into multiple workbooks (i.e. not just multiple sheets, but separate excel files) based on the values in column A (each unique value in column A should get its own workbook)
- the resulting workbooks should automatically be saved in the same folder as the main Excel File
- the names to save the files with can simply be the values from column A (+.xlsx)
- the newly created workbooks should not remain open after having run the VBA/Macro: the end result should simply be that one can see the newly created files in the folder where the main Excel File is stored
- (most tricky part?:) the newly created files should hold the values of the original "Output" sheet (not the formulas)
- it would be great if the new workbooks can keep the same formatting and column widths as the original "Output" sheet

I'm no expert, in neither Macros nor VBA, but based on what I've been reading online it seems VBA is the way to go?

Example File to use: Example File

Referring to this Example File; what needs to happen is this:
- When running the Macro or VBA script three new files should be created in the same folder as where the "Example File" is stored.
- Those three new files should be called "AAA.xlsx", "BBB.xlsx" and "CCC.xlsx". The AAA.xlsx file should hold the data from rows 1, 2 and 3 of the Example File's Output sheet; the BBB.xlsx file should hold the data from rows 1, 4 and 5 of the Example File's Output sheet; and CCC.xlsx should hold the data from rows 1 and 6 of the Example File's Output sheet.

Huge amount of gratefulness to anyone who can solve this.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Anybody..?

If the OP is too elaborate, the summary is basically just this:

Example File to use: Example File

Referring to this Example File; what needs to happen is this:
- When running the Macro or VBA script three new files should be created in the same folder as where the "Example File" is stored.
- Those three new files should be called "AAA.xlsx", "BBB.xlsx" and "CCC.xlsx". The AAA.xlsx file should hold the data from rows 1, 2 and 3 of the Example File's Output sheet; the BBB.xlsx file should hold the data from rows 1, 4 and 5 of the Example File's Output sheet; and CCC.xlsx should hold the data from rows 1 and 6 of the Example File's Output sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamz high

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back