Hide selected cell's highlight/border

twl2009

Board Regular
I've seen this question asked a lot on the web, but no-one appears to have given the answer I'm looking for. Which leads me to think that it is not possible...that said..

I would like to hide the highlight border that excel puts round a cell when it is selected. On my excel it is a thick green border.

The first worksheet in my workbook contains only hyperlinks and buttons so it looks amateurish when the highlight is bouncing around.

Thanks

Twl

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Your saying when you create a new Workbook and click on any cell you have a large Green border around the selected cell.

Is that correct?

What version of Excel are you using?
Are you using an "Apple" computer?

Upvote 0
You did not say if this happens on a brand new Workbook.
Any time you ask questions on this Forum it's best to point out your using a Mac

Upvote 0
Yep, on any sheet in any workbook the selected cell or range of cells has a border highlight to show it is selected, on on sheet I would like to hide it if possible.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi, that will get rid of the gridlines, I would like to get rid of the border highlight that specifically surrounds the currently selected cell or currently selected range of cells.??

Thanks

Twl

Upvote 0
I really have no answer for you. Borders are not automatically added around every cell.

Either Mac's operate differently or there is some automatically generated script running in your background.

Upvote 0
Not every cell, every cell as the user selects it, im pretty sure its the same on pc, when you select a cell it gets a highlight around it to show that this is the cell the user has selected.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KH Consulting

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back