Posting "Name" in msg box instead of "you"

dinesh2605

Hi Friends,

I have a list of names in column "D".
From the below code,i need to replace the msgbox "you" with the resource name.

Current display :

MsgBox "You have entered less than 9 hours for below date".

Requirement eg :

Msgbox " John have entered less than 9 hours for below date"

"John" is one of the resource names in the colunm D.

PLEASE HELP>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For i = LBound(DateArray) + 1 To UBound(DateArray)
If DateArray(i) <> "" Then
If Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIf(DateRange, DateArray(i), DateRange.Offset(0, 1)) > 9 Then

MsgBox "You have entered more than 9 hours for below date" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & DateArray(i) & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Please create new row with all the details add hours in overtime column"

ElseIf Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIf(DateRange, DateArray(i), DateRange.Offset(0, 1)) < 9 Then

MsgBox "You have entered less than 9 hours for below date" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & DateArray(i) & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Please enter 9hrs for above date"

End If
End If
Next i

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Try it like this.

Howard

MsgBox DateArray(i) & " have entered more than 9 hours for below date" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & DateArray(i) & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Please create new row with all the details add hours in overtime column"

Upvote 0
Actually I think I shot too much from the hip on that suggestion.

As I re look, I don't know where column D is. You might try offsetting from DateRange either left or right the number of columns from DateRange column to reach the value in column D.

MsgBox DateRange.Offset(, -4) & " have entered more than 9 hours for below date"... etc. for a four column offset to the left.

MsgBox DateRange.Offset(, 4) & " have entered more than 9 hours for below date"... etc. for a four column offset to the Right.

Adjusting the 4 to reach column D.

Howard

Upvote 0
Hi Howard,
Below is the snap of my sheet.
Hope this helps you in resolving.

msgbox"John has entered....."

A B C D E F G H I J K
Team WG Team lead ResourceName Stage Activity ID Date Hours Overtime Remarks

Testing x Mike John 2 Skilled K1 1/15/2017 10hrs 0 -

Upvote 0
Sorry Howard ...was out of town.

Is there a way where I can attach the entire excel macro file for your easy reference.

Thanks.

Option Explicit

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim LastRow As Integer
Dim LastRow_RICEF As Integer
Dim aCell As Range
Dim DateArray() As String
Dim DateRange As Range
Dim i As Integer, j As Integer

LastRow = Sheet3.Range("G1048576").End(xlUp).Row
Set DateRange = Sheet3.Range("H2:H" & LastRow)

LastRow_RICEF = Cells(Rows.Count, 5).End(xlUp).Row
For Each aCell In Range("F2:F" & LastRow_RICEF)

If aCell.Value = "DEV" Or aCell.Value = "Others" Or aCell.Value = "Quality Review" Or aCell.Value = "Change dump Analysis" Or aCell.Value = "Minor Change" Or aCell.Value = "CRs" Or aCell.Value = "Core" Or aCell.Value = "Assembly Testing" Then
If aCell.Next = "" Then
MsgBox "Please Enter appropriate RICEFW ID in " & "" & Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(aCell.Next.Address, "$", "")
Cancel = True
Exit For
End If
End If
Next

For Each aCell In Range("F2:F" & LastRow_RICEF)
If aCell.Value = "Wait Time" Or aCell.Value = "Others" Then
If aCell.Next.Next.Next.Next.Next = "" Then
MsgBox "Please Enter appropriate Remarks in " & "" & Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(aCell.Next.Next.Next.Next.Next.Address, "$", "")
Cancel = True
Exit For
End If
End If
Next

For Each aCell In Range("A1:A" & LastRow_RICEF)
If aCell.Value = "" Then
MsgBox "Please Enter appropriate Stream name in" & "" & Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(aCell.Address, "$", "") & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Please enter stream name else the sheet will not saved"
Cancel = True
Exit For
End If

Next

For Each aCell In Range("B1:B" & LastRow_RICEF)
If aCell.Value = "" Then
MsgBox "Please Enter Team name in" & "" & Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(aCell.Address, "$", "") & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Please enter team name else the sheet will not saved"
Cancel = True
Exit For
End If
Next

For Each aCell In Range("C1:C" & LastRow_RICEF)
If aCell.Value = "" Then
MsgBox "Please Enter Teamlead name in" & "" & Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(aCell.Address, "$", "") & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Please enter Team lead name else the sheet will not be saved "

Cancel = True
Exit For
End If
Next

For Each aCell In Range("D1:D" & LastRow_RICEF)
If aCell.Value = "" Then
MsgBox "Please Enter Enterprise ID in" & "" & Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(aCell.Address, "$", "") & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Please enter your Enterprise ID elase the sheet will not be saved"
Cancel = True
Exit For
End If

Next

'Load dates into array

ReDim DateArray(DateRange.Cells.Count - 1)
For i = 1 To DateRange.Cells.Count
DateArray(i - 1) = DateRange.Cells(i, 1)
Next i

'Remove duplicates

For i = LBound(DateArray) To UBound(DateArray)
For j = LBound(DateArray) To UBound(DateArray)
If j <> i Then
If DateArray(j) = DateArray(i) Then
DateArray(j) = ""
End If
End If
Next j
Next i

'Formula

For i = LBound(DateArray) + 1 To UBound(DateArray)
If Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIf(DateRange, DateArray(i), DateRange.Offset(0, 1)) > 9 Then
MsgBox Cells(i, 4) & "You have entered more than 9 hours for below date" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & DateArray(i) & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Please create new row with all the details add hours in overtime column"
ElseIf Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIf(DateRange, DateArray(i), DateRange.Offset(0, 1)) < 9 Then
MsgBox Cells(i, 4) & "You have entered less than 9 hours for below date" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & DateArray(i) & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Please enter 9hrs for above date"
End If
End If
Next i

End Sub

Upvote 0
You can post a Link to your workbook. Use one of the link utilities like Drop Box or others like it to post the link.

Attachments are not allowed.

In that post also include a summary of what you want to happen and where, referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets.

Howard

Upvote 0
Before you post your link, try this.

For i = LBound(DateArray)... starts with 0 (zero) so we will set the first iRow to 2 and it will make the first MsgBox Cells(iRow, 4)... act like this MsgBox Cells(2, 4)... and correctly increment for the next i.

Howard

Code:
 'Formula
Dim iRow As Long    '// Move this to the top of you code with the other Dim statements

For i = LBound(DateArray) To UBound(DateArray)
   iRow = i + 2

MsgBox Cells(iRow, 4) & " You have entered more than 9 hours for below date" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
                                DateArray(i) & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
                                "Please create new row with all the details add hours in overtime column"

MsgBox Cells(iRow, 4) & " You have entered less than 9 hours for below date" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
                                DateArray(i) & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
                                "Please enter 9 hrs for above date"
   End If
 End If

Next i

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back