Conditional Formatting for a date

RJB78

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hello.

I currently have conditional formatting to highlight a cell (E6) blue if the date in that is todays date, which works well. I now want to add conditional formatting that would highlight a cell (E6) if the date in that cell takes place during the current work week, and have it stop highlighting after that day has passed.

For Example: If the date in cell E6 was 2017-01-19. On this work week, 11/16/17-11/20/17 E6 would be highlighted light blue, on 1/19/2017 it would be a dark blue (rule I already have in place), and it would go back to being un-highlighted (white) after the day 1/19/17 had passed.

I can't remember how I set up the current conditional formatting rule to highlight todays date blue, but when looking at the rule it just says 'Today', and that is the only rule in column E.

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Thank you! That all seemed to have worked, except if the date is in this workweek, and has already passed (1/16/2017)

Upvote 0
OK, I've missed that part in your explanation. Try this:

Code:
=AND(WEEKNUM(E6,2)=WEEKNUM(TODAY(),2),WEEKDAY(E6,2)<6,YEAR(E6)=YEAR(TODAY()),E6>=TODAY())

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back