how delete a userform

jomani17

stupid question I"m sure, but how can I delete a UserForm from a project?

Everyone says right click on the userform name in the project window and select "remove"

That option doesn't exist when I right click. the options are; view code, view object, VBA project properties, insert (userform, module, or class module), import file, export file, dockable, and hide.

excel 2016, VBA 7.1

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I don't think you have actually clicked on the user form with in the project tree. You should see something like FORMS then under that Userform1 Right click Userform1 then Remove.

Upvote 0
I don't think you have actually clicked on the user form with in the project tree. You should see something like FORMS then under that Userform1 Right click Userform1 then Remove.
Alternately, activate the UserForm window and then click the File item on the VBA editor menu bar and find Remove UserForm... there instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
that's bizarre. I was just about to tell you that's exactly what i've been doing. tried it one more time and now there is a remove and print option...

Thank you!

Upvote 0
that's bizarre. I was just about to tell you that's exactly what i've been doing. tried it one more time and now there is a remove and print option...
Note the alternative method I posted in Message #3 for the next time that happens to you.

Upvote 0
thanks Rick. both options exist for me know, neither did before and I have no idea what changed...

Upvote 0
figured it out. with code running (I wasn't aware there was any until I noticed the "(break)" after the filename) the remove option doesn't exist or is grayed out. stop the code and suddenly you can remove things.

Just posting as an FYI in case someone else is having the same problem :)

Upvote 0
figured it out. with code running (I wasn't aware there was any until I noticed the "(break)" after the filename) the remove option doesn't exist or is grayed out. stop the code and suddenly you can remove things.

Just posting as an FYI in case someone else is having the same problem :)

Thanks for this FYI, it was very helpful to me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back