Exporting school report cards to new sheets within a workbook

daviedevine

Hi,

I have created an input page for report cards including drop-down menus for A,B,C and D grades. I'd now like to create three buttons which allow me to:

1. generate reports onto new sheets with a) all the common information on every sheet, including the school logo, and b) all the information relating to a specific student on a different sheet (so, for an input page with 10 students there would be 10 new pages, each with the common categories for grading and logo, but with a different name and different grades for that student).

2. print only the newly-generated report pages (on A4 - I suppose that I could do that myself and don't need a macro to set the printing parameters), but not the input page.

3. delete the reports (because after printing, the input page is enough for record-keeping).

I can't see how to upload a screenshot, but basically the common information is in a block from A1 to C63, and the information pertaining to the students is in columns, so the first student in the input page for any given class would be D1 to D63, the second would be E1 to E63, and so on. On top of that, the name of the student (in row 7), should also be the name of the new sheet.

If I'm not making myself absolutely clear here, the first report card would be A1 to C63 + D1 to D63 in a block on a separate sheet, the second report card would be A1 to C63 + E1 to E63, the third would be A1 to C63 + F1 to F63. I might add that I'd like to preserve all column widths on the new sheet.

One more thing which may cause a problem for the macro, is that there will be a different number of students in each class. The maximum number in any class is 14, but, for a class of 6, I don't want to generate an extra 8 empty reports. I'd like only the columns with names in row 7 to be generated.

Is this doable?

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Excel%20macro.jpg

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back