lookup and return an array

jgedwardsv

Hi all -

I'm trying to write a formula that will correlate two columns of data (they are equal size). I'm having trouble figuring out how to make my lookup return all the values from the column I identify (right now it only returns 1).

Here is the formula I've used:

=CORREL(TDFAnalysis[AverageEquity],INDEX(TDFAnalysis,{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14},MATCH(TEXT([@[Fund Series]],"@"),TDFAnalysis[#Headers],0)))

{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14} are the columns I need to return and I believe that is where the formula is breaking.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
From the INDEX function, if you leave the ROW argument blank, it will return the rows cell values in an array, where the column MATCH has found it. You will have to Ctrl+Shft+Enter, not just enter because its an array formula. Try this.

=CORREL(TDFAnalysis[AverageEquity],INDEX(TDFAnalysis,,MATCH(TEXT([@[Fund Series]],"@"),TDFAnalysis[#Headers],0)))

Upvote 0
Worked perfectly. Thank you. I spent 2 hours online trying to figure this out through google and youtube. Should have come here first!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back