Design suggestions for dynamic data table design for portfolio evaluation model

estephenkim

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All,

I'm developing a tool to be used as a weighted-average portfolio evaluation scorecard on which I could use some design advice. I've enclosed screen captures [will upload later] of a sample model that illustrates the tool design.

Overview:

I have a data entry worksheet and multiple evaluation worksheets on which separate reviewers will independently rate each investment. The investment data entered into the Data worksheet is designed to copy to the Eval worksheets using a simple cell reference (e.g., =Data!A8).

Objective & Problem:

During each evaluation cycle, there are varying quantities of investments, therefore I want to design this tool to accommodate quantity changes each cycle. I plan to password protect the worksheets and allow row additions to accommodate changes in investment quantities, but my problem is that when the user adds rows to the Data worksheet, this doesn't change the structure of the Eval worksheets in response. I'd like to design the tool so that the only manual task required of the user preparing the workbook is to enter the investment data in the Data worksheet.

Question:

Is there a way to relate the Eval worksheets to the Data worksheet so that any changes made to the data table are reflected in the Eval worksheets so that investment data entered in the Data worksheet are copied exactly to the Eval worksheets?

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions,

Steve

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Here are the screen captures:

Data: Data entry worksheet

Eval 1: One of potentially multiple evaluation worksheets

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back