Change Source for Some Pivot Tables, but not all

jonathanjka

Hello all,

I'm pretty green to the VBA pastures, but I've been doing a half-day of research and still hasn't found a perfect solution yet to this. So I'm hoping some geniuses here can help me out :cool:

Short version: In forums and Excel tutorials I have found VBA codes that change sources for either all pivot tables, or only one. I'm looking for a solution to changing sources for some, but not all.

I receive data in a worksheet that comes in the same format on a monthly basis. What I do is copy some tabs with pivot tables that reference some tabs within the previous month's worksheet into the new month. I then have to change the source of each pivot table and refresh each of them individually - because although the name of the tab is the same, the copied pivot tables still refer to the previous month's worksheet.

I've researched macros to help me refresh automatically. However, most of the macros I find out there either refresh all pivot tables within a worksheet or only one. The problem is within the same tab, I have some pivot tables that have different sources.

My question is, does anyone have any idea how to change the sources and then refresh some pivot tables at once, but not all within the worksheet? I am thinking to aggregate by data source. So for example if PivotTable 2,3, and 8 connect to source "DATA1" then I would like to write a VBA code that changes the source for only PivotTable 2,3, and 8.

The two codes I have looked at are:
-For changing sources for all pivot tables:
http://www.contextures.com/excelpivottabledatasource.html
-For changing source for only one pivot table:
How To Automatically Update a Pivot Table Range [3 Different Methods]

If anybody can help provide insights on how to modify the codes or to go about this, will be much appreciated!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back