Possible to filter on multiple records in a pivot table simultaneously?

tdemarre

Hello,

I have a pivot table that contains about 10,000 accounts and I want to filter on only a specific 300 accounts from that list.

Is there a way to do so without having to check the box to select each of the 300 accounts 1 by 1? I was hoping that you could add multiple selections by pasting into the 'Value Search' window, separated by a , or ; or something, but have had no luck so far in doing so.

I hope this makes sense?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
How about if you added a helper column to your data that would ID the accounts you want, then build that into the PT?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the super quick reply!

I should have mentioned in my first post, though, that my pivot table is coming from a central OLAP cube (not a data source that I am able to manipulate in any way).

My first thought was to create PowerPivot model to create a mapping table where I could flag the 300 accounts I want to filter on, but the amount of fields we will be grabbing from the cube is too great to bring in to PowerPivot. The cube itself has probably 2 or 3 hundred fields/measures built in, and we will be using at least a few dozen of those.

I know its a bit of an unusual situation....maybe I could create a macro to add in each of the unique account IDs?

Upvote 0
I am not a PT expert, but maybe insert a calculated field that (again) tests for the acct number to be in a list that you have, and then filter on that?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back