Thread: Possible to filter on multiple records in a pivot table simultaneously?

Default Possible to filter on multiple records in a pivot table simultaneously?

Hello,

I have a pivot table that contains about 10,000 accounts and I want to filter on only a specific 300 accounts from that list.

Is there a way to do so without having to check the box to select each of the 300 accounts 1 by 1? I was hoping that you could add multiple selections by pasting into the 'Value Search' window, separated by a , or ; or something, but have had no luck so far in doing so.

I hope this makes sense?

Thanks!

Default Re: Possible to filter on multiple records in a pivot table simultaneously?

How about if you added a helper column to your data that would ID the accounts you want, then build that into the PT?

- Posting guidelines, forum rules and terms of use

- Try searching for your answer first, see how

- Read the FAQs

- List of BB codes

Regards

Ford

Default Re: Possible to filter on multiple records in a pivot table simultaneously?

Thanks for the super quick reply!

I should have mentioned in my first post, though, that my pivot table is coming from a central OLAP cube (not a data source that I am able to manipulate in any way).

My first thought was to create PowerPivot model to create a mapping table where I could flag the 300 accounts I want to filter on, but the amount of fields we will be grabbing from the cube is too great to bring in to PowerPivot. The cube itself has probably 2 or 3 hundred fields/measures built in, and we will be using at least a few dozen of those.

I know its a bit of an unusual situation....maybe I could create a macro to add in each of the unique account IDs?

I am not a PT expert, but maybe insert a calculated field that (again) tests for the acct number to be in a list that you have, and then filter on that?

- Posting guidelines, forum rules and terms of use

- Try searching for your answer first, see how

- Read the FAQs

- List of BB codes

Regards

Ford

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others