Lookup Formula Help

gronji2004

Hello,

I am having an issue with a lookup formula returning the wrong value, please see below:

7ob0lNI.jpg

Basically in cell F43 (highlighted), I want to return the value of the cell in J:J that has a 1 next to it on the right hand side. Some of them work, some return the completely wrong value as has done above. What am I doing wrong?

As you can see below, the cell is returning 40, when it should be returning 30 (J27) as there is a "1" in the K27 next to it, and the formula is looking for value "1" to return J:J?

Im not a complete noob at excel, but im not super advanced either, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Hi, welcome to the board!

LOOKUP() requires the values in column K to be sorted in ascending order. You could try this instead:

=INDEX(J:J,MATCH(1,K:K,0))

Upvote 0
try
Code:
=INDEX(J:J,MATCH(1,K:K,0))

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

Having another issue with something similar. I've done the above using "=INDEX(J:J,MATCH(1,K:K,0))) and that returns the correct number. However with the formula that its set up, how do I get the cell to display 0 if that number is negative? I've tried using a if forumla after the above formula but get a circular reference warning.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Alex

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help!

I'm still working on the same document. On another page, I've got a cell that is locked and displays something from another sheet depending on the contents of another cell. However the cell is locked like I need it to be.

Is there way of having a override button, EG if the contents of another cell has sometihng in it, it replaces it with that contents, if not it still keeps the original? See below:

7uSDVPfoB.png

AS you can see cell C7 contains data from another workbook, however I'm wanting if D7 contains sometihng, it will overtwrite C7. Sorry if i am not clear.

Upvote 0
Sorry, hope this helps, the highligted cell is C7 which is locked. It returns a value from another workbook depending what is in C6. Im basically wanting to have it "overide" the contents of C7 a there is something in D7. If not I'd like it to work as normal returning the cell contents from the other workbook ....

9RQPEGq.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back