VBA Code for Auto-Populating Text From One Table to Another

Rmkoonie

I have a table that tracks a bunch of info such as, person, category, department, description, due date, and priority. I have, at best, extremely weak VBA skills, so I REALLY need help.
Here is what I'd like to do, if it's even possible.

I would like to have a VBA code that will auto-populate a table with information from a different table. In detail:

When a "1" is put into the priority cell (I2:I20), the person (B2:B20), category (C2:C20), department (D2:D20), description (E2:E20), and due date (F2:F20) will auto-populate into cell E30.
When a "2" is put into the priority cell (I2:I20), then the person (B2:B20), category (C2:C20), department (D2:D20), description (E2:E20), and due date (F2:F20) will auto-populate into cell E31.
When a "3" is put into the priority cell (I2:I20), then the person (B2:B20), category (C2:C20), department (D2:D20), and description (E2:E20) will auto-populate into cell E32 (no due date).
I should clarify that only one person, one category, one department, one description, and one due date can be listed per priority cell. (I hope that makes sense). So if I enter a "1" into cell I5 for example, then the person, category, department, description, and due date in row 5 will populate into cell E30. I am hoping that for each priority code that's entered into the table, a list will form in the designated spot in the table I'm wanting to populate (1, 2, or 3). I'm not sure if it matters or not, but the person, category, and department have a drop down-box. I would also like for the priority to have a drop-down box, but I'm not sure if it's better just to leave blank for ease.

I know I am asking for probably a difficult code. Any assistance that can be provided would be MUCH appreciated. Perhaps what I'm asking for can't be done, in which case, please let me know. Thanks again for your help!

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back