how to Automatically save a file as PDF (A Docx, for example)

TassadarExcel

Hi all,

This is my first message on this community, I'm glad for having register.

I'm trying to add a functionality to a program I've developed using Excel and VBA. I want to be able to open a PDF file and print as PDF in another file, all this automatically.

Now you wonder "Why opening a PDF and save it as PDF?". It is becouse I have PDF files that doesn't work properly on old readers and I solve it by opening them and printing as PDF using CutePDF.

I've read many threads explaining how to save as PDF an spreadsheet but I've no clear how to do this that I need.

Any Help?

Regards

By opening those files directly with Word (right click, open with Word), if I ignore this message I lose lot of content of the file, so I suppose that calling Word from an Excel macro would give me the same result.
Indeed
opening those files with Adobe and printing in PDF with CutePDF creates a versión that Works on old Adobe reader versions.
Why are you trying to cater for such old PDF readers? Anything you do to make the PDFs compatible with them is liable to lose content and/or functionality, which is why you're getting the warnings in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi Macropod,

Thanks for the answer. I'm the first one who thinks that having the PDF updated is a must. The problem is we have around 300 customers whom we send a variety of documents, among those documents, one of the main ones is this PDF that doesn't work on old readers.

Some of those customers are open-minded to have a decent computer infraestructure, but others not only doesn't care about it, it's also they have no idea of computers, doesn't want to hire a person to update it, doesn't want us to connect and update and only want us to sent them "the files in the way they can read it".

Everytime I found myself opening those PDF's and printing them as PDF I think about the waste of time it is, but it's what we have, hehe.

Regards and many thanks for your interest

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back