Rule Forwarding Voicemails in Outlook No Longer Works

Justinian

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
We have employees who call out sick as early as 4 am so we have an unmanned phone with voicemail where employees can call and leave message that they are sick. Those voicemails then go into the inbox (Microsoft voicemail technology) of the office assistant but she is not up that early so I setup a rule to automatically forward those voicemails to our 24-7 patrol office where they listen to each message and forward to the appropriate manager. The office assistant now has Outlook 2016 and this rule no longer works but there are two odd features:

1) The rule works when the words "voice mail" appear in the subject line so regular e-mails with those words in the subject line DO work under this rule but not e-mails containing the de facto voicemail messages

2) When I run the rule on items currently in the inbox, the rule DOES work but not on incoming items that contain voicemails.

I researched this online and most people said to go to webmail and setup the rule that way under "inbox and sweep" but that did not work either.

Can anyone help? Why will this rule only work on items currently in the inbox but not incoming items? Why did it work on previous versions of Outlook?

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
In a work environment many use the server to control message forwarding (my work has auto forwarding disabled to outside email, I needed to find outlook code and leave the laptop logged in to accomplish my needs)

Upvote 0
I leave the PC logged in but it just stopped working when we went to Outlook 2016 yet on my coworker's PC, he has 2013 and it does not work. Why does it work when I run the rule on messages already in my inbox but not on incoming messages?

Upvote 0
I know very little about outlook vba, are the macros trusted on the system, might they have been reset during the upgrade. Turn the developer tab on for better access

Upvote 0
It is not macros or VBA but what is weird is when a voicemail e-mail comes through, the rule does not forward it; however, if I then forward that same e-mail to myself, the rule works just fine. What is it about incoming e-mails that differs from that same e-mail forwarded by me?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kj9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back