Excel Macros

vanHalen1984

Re: Excel Macros

Dear Mr. Excel,

Has anyone had experience working with macros in Excel? Recently, I was reading about their use within Windows Server; I wish I had something like this at work. Something to assist me with reports assemble charts, plots, summarize performance data.

This would be cool but not something I see myself doing in my spare time. If it requires visual basic or something like that I say forget it. There are certainly some things II really wish I had figured out along the way. Like way, way earlier… when I first started working here.
I am feeling like my conversations lack context with some folks in the department; I am sure much of what I point out would be obvious if we were both looking at the same data, in the same way. Normally, it’s like Bob has the graph, Jim’s an *******, and Tom was drinking at lunch.

Whatever we’re talking about… it just never seems like I get a sense of urgency across. While I’ve noticed that with some individuals, as soon as they get to see visually see… a representation of what you’re talking about; they’re much more inclined to have a conversation and are often more engaged then they’d otherwise be, if the two of us, we’re just vocally talking about performance.

If that’s not getting the best out of your people, I don’t know what is. I can’t believe how ineffective it is to talk performance with somebody who can’t see how much they suck or how good they are. It’s pointless, in my opinion. Furthermore, it’s important to take steps to correct ourselves. So ****ing give me a map. That’s what I’d be thinking. If you think you know a better way. It’s always, show me. That’s what I’d be doing if I had macros in the background making all these little graphs and charts and comparisons. Oh, man.

Regards,
Otter

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Welcome to the Board!

Has anyone had experience working with macros in Excel?
In Excel, the terms "Macros" and "VBA" are usually used interchangeably and mean the same thing.
I sometimes see people refer to the "thing that you record through the Macro Recorder" as Macros, but all that does is create VBA code. They may typically thing as Macros as being recorded, and VBA as being manually written, but it is really all the same stuff (just different ways of getting there).

So, are you talking about "Macros" in this sense, or some other sense?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back