Outlook Macro to move / delete e-mails that contain certain text in an attachment

ZL1

Is there a macro that can scan over the context of an e-mail attachment on arrival and delete / move it to a certain folder if it contains it?

in a previous thread, i mentioned i receive about 200 emails a day with Text files attached (nothing in the body of the e-mail, only the attached text file). these text files are automated from domain controllers that spit out notifications when someone inputs a bad password, for 2003 servers error ID reads 675, but has several Failure codes. I only want the ones that state 0x18, but most come in as 0x19.. so since i can't change it in the automated process, i was hoping to catch it at the recipient end.

if i can run a macro that looks for 0x19 in the attachment and just deletes them, would save me about 180+/- e-mail views a day. (or in my prior thread, have the text file copied to the body of the e-mail and resent to me, i don't mind running rules to delete the duplicate ones if the text can show up in the body i can run an additional rule to look for 0x19 in the body).

Thanks,

Robert

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back