GOOGLE SHEETS: Using Data Validation & If Formula

Literae

Bonjour all,

First time poster! Been using this site to help me make some spreadsheets for work. All have been a great help and have been learning new things and tricks every day.

Anywho! Thats enough of me....I have a problem I am trying to get around and wondering if you all could help?

I currently have a google spreadsheet (please be kind :D, hopefully the formula is the same as excel) that has a list of outstanding orders I chase daily. I currently have 2 additional columns at the end of my sheet that has a network days formula running (Col I). In the final column I have a "Status" (Col J) section which I use a data validation droplist. I currently have a formula of:

<bdo dir="ltr">=IF(I14<3 "NEW ORDER"," ")

New Order is one of my drop downs which I would manually select if the order is 1 or 2 days old. Anything above 3 I use a selection of drop downs depending on the order / comments that are made against them.

However, when I have this formula is in place (it works), but the drop down no longer works. Is there any way around this?

TLDR: I would like to use my new formula to automatically fill Column J, but still be able to use the drop down list.

Many thanks in advance!

Dan
</bdo>

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Re: Using Data Validation & If Formula

Sorry account was not fully active so dont think this one was pushed through (sorry for the bump).

Upvote 0
Re: Using Data Validation & If Formula

I have moved this question to the "General Excel Discussion & Other Questions" forum.
This is where you want to post your "Google Sheets" questions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtariBaby

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back