VBA for shared excel on Bloomberg terminal

dyst9

Hi all gurus,

I currently am running a P&L - Trade position excel on my bloomberg terminal. The excel file is linked to bloomberg live quotes and ticker with real time updates to the price and current P&L.

The bloomberg terminal and the rest of the computers in the office are linked via a shared drive.

However, when I try to access the file from another computer through the shared drive, the data are not being displayed on the non-bloomberg computer correctly and all I get are #NAME ? error.

Is there a way where other users are able to access that master file in bloomberg terminal and view the spreadsheet with the figures (at the point in time, I do not need live data) and ticker names on their computers?

Pardon my ignorance as I'm not really a techie or an expert in Excel.

Currently running Windows 10 Pro and Microsoft Office 2016

Appreciate any pointers or solutions!!

Thank you

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
So - the thing about Bloomberg is that any "bdp" or other formulas within Excel that pull Bloomberg information are ONLY accessible when your bloomberg terminal is logged in on that computer....

With that being said, that's one common Bloomberg issue. However, your problem #NAME sounds like the Excel Add-In for Bloomberg is not installed properly, as it is not recognizing your formula. As long as Bloomberg is installed on the computer, you should be able to re-install the Bloomberg Excel Tools by going to your start menu in Win10>Bloomberg>Install Office Add-Ins

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I am working as a commodity trader assistant, and I am facing the exact same problem.

I first thought it was due to Bloomberg not allowing any other computer without the paid licence to visualize the live quotes. So, I replaced the BBG formulas in excel by those from another data source, but unfortunately, the problem happened again.

Therefore, my idea is to import data in excel from an SQL Database which would be constantly updated with live quotes from BBG. I will try that and tell you then if you are still interested.

Since you first posted your question, did you get any suggestion on that topic?

Kind regards.
Many thanks,

Paul

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back