Excel For Life

speed88bump

So I have had this idea regarding Excel and never have the time to complete it. I figured I would share the idea should someone have the time to. Think of the Game of Life board game. In which I can have my 16-20 use to understand money.
First it would give the option of College or Career. If they chose College they would be required to choose a profession which would be linked to some kind of online salary database. Along with average cost of student loan upon completion.
Then the game of life would begin. Then they would be able to select the type of house they want and when they do the salary and budget start to come in to play.
If they choose career the jobs would be listed as obtainable jobs without a college education. Then the game of life would begin as previous route above.
This comes with more choices, type of car they want to drive which all of their choices go into this monthly/yearly deduction so they can see what it takes to have what they want in life. If there is something that already exists like this please let me know as I have not found it. Being an Excel guy I think it would be a great platform for it.
This thing would ask about having a spouse, kids which would start to debit, grocery expenses, school, entertainment.
Luxury items do they want a pool, Furniture types, TV’s all the items that fill there house all gets calculated in so they can see and take stock value in the path they choose. It would help them understand budgeting because if it went over the game would be over. There is all kinds of cool stuff that could be thrown in. Throws some ideas out maybe this could become something pretty cool and help parents with kids who see no value in anything except video games and becoming the next YouTube sensation.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back