Excel Powerpivot vs. Access

mrhk22

Office Version
  1. 2016
I’m not an advanced excel user and my Access skills are non-existent, so I am looking for a simple approach.
I need a project management solution for a large team of consultants to track i) client meetings and activity, ii) assignments and progress, iii) new prospects & contacts that they have introduced, iv) travel activity, v) other information such as event partiipation, expenses, etc. On the back of this, I want to do occasional analysis and develop a periodic high-level report to track progress and consultants’ activity vs. KPIs. Some bits of this information is normally tracked by other people in static spreadsheets and I’m not sure I’ll be able to get them to change their ways.
I understand It’s possible with Access to build a custom web app, which sounds promising as it would be nice to let different people input their own data through forms. Suggestions would be appreciated, as well as pointers to learning resources.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back