bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I know this isn't an Excel question but something happened over the weekend where my computer won't restart. I get a message that there is something wrong with my C drive and it tries to fix it on the fly. However, I can a message that it can' be fixed and gives me some option.

I do have the option of restarting with a command prompt. I have Windows 10 - is there a way to restart my computer DOS commands?

I have a Dell computer and I'm running Windows 10. I tried using shutdown /r /t 0 but my system doesn't recognize these commands. Is there something else that Windows will recognize?

Thank you for your help,

Michael

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
The error message just loops. It says there is a problem with my disk and it can't repair it.

I think the stop code as 0xc00007b - this is the error message I was supposed to give to support when I called them to help. My computer is no longer under warranty so I didn't bother to notify Dell. I'm just wondering if this is some sort of virus I might have picked up.

I never get the chance to reboot the computer because I get the same notification about how it can't repair my disk. So, I thought their might be a workaround by using DOS Commands to restart it.

Thank you for your help,

Michael

Upvote 0
"there is a problem with your disk"

That's the error message is it? Word for word. Cos thats what you said it is.

Youre not helping yourself.

When you go to the doctor do you just tell him "it hurts somewhere" ?
When you take your car to a garage do you just say to them "it dont work" ?

Upvote 0
I'll write down the entire wording when I get home. Fortunately, I can copy the wording from my second computer because I can't do anything with the computer that has the error.

the stop error code that is referenced is 0xc00007b

Upvote 0
I'd suggest Right-Clicking your C: Drive -> Properties -> Tools -> Doing the Error Check.

See what that turns up.

As far as the Cmd stuff... is there any reason you couldn't just shutdown and then manually turn it back on?

I usually use a code like this:

Code:
shutdown -s -t 5

Edit: Though I feel like you would probably still run into similar/related issues with the cmd approach

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I shut down the computer and the same error message comes up. I have to go to advanced options to be able to find different alternatives. I can't log on to my computer at all.

I just have a blue screen with writing on it.

I found this article on the web.

Think is, I can't start my computer, I just get this blue screen which is why I was trying to go through the command prompt routine to bypass it. Otherwise, no matter what buttons or options I chose I get the same result - the blue screen.

Code:
How To Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 7, 8, 10
Error 0xc000007b is one of the most annoying Windows errors that users have to face these days while accessing some application (including games like Fifa, GTA 5, Max Payne 3, Battlefield, Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and many other games and applications which are pretty popular among the people).

The error code 0xc000007b mainly appears like shown below, but it can also appear while accessing some application:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
0xc000007b

Error code 0xc000007b means INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT, and generally occurs due to absence or damage of some system or application files. The most common cause of this error – problems with NVIDIA drivers, other video cards are also subject to look at.

Thank you for your help,

Michael

Upvote 0
Search for "start win 10 in safe mode"

Upvote 0
This is probably going to take a lot of troubleshooting on your end. I'd recommend just tossing this into a google search:

"0xc000007b Blue screen" (adding other keywords may help as well)

I found one guide that looked somewhat promising:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...air-loop/a53014a6-9af1-42c0-bb66-5193a2698042

Though... chances are, you are going to have to look through several of these guides and figure out what works for you.

Upvote 0
thank you both for the tipe. The link refers to window 8 but I don't know if this will work. I can't get to setings or anything like that because of the blue screen. But this is a start.

I did find a site that shows what I'm seeing as options on my screen. I did work through several of the trouble shooting options where it tried to repair my computer but nothing worked and ended up at the blue screen stating that it couldn't start my computer because there was a problem.

https://support.hp.com/th-en/document/c03439317

If I start the computer in safe mode how do I go about fixing the issue after that?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back