Need a help how to analyze and enter a complex formulas

Deepakdonald2726

hi my name is Deepak i need a help how to
do a complex formulas i have done all single formulas but i don't know how to do a complex formulas when to use
and how to use please guide me.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Re: Need a help how to analyze and enter a complex formuals

Welcome to the Board!

What exactly do you mean by "single formulas"?

Your question is very generic. The complexity of the formula you would need to create depends on the complexity of the problem you are trying to solve, and what functions Excel has to offer. Without specific details of a particular problem, it is really difficult to say much more that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Welcome to the Board!

What exactly do you mean by "single formulas"?

Your question is very generic. The complexity of the formula you would need to create depends on the complexity of the problem you are trying to solve, and what functions Excel has to offer. Without specific details of a particular problem, it is really difficult to say much more that.

i mean single formula means trim,clean,vlookup,hlookup,if,and,or,mid,left,right,min,max,etc. i know all the formulas but we will combine many formulas like to get the particular answer.

ex:- vlookup(trim(clean
=if(and
=if(and(=vlookup this all are complex formulas i don't know how to use such type of formula like combining 2 to 3 formulas to get answers so please help me how to analyse

Upvote 0

i mean single formula means trim,clean,vlookup,hlookup,if,and,or,mid,left,right,min,max,etc. i know all the formulas but we will combine many formulas like to get the particular answer.
It really is dependent upon that problem you are trying to solve.

But it really isn't all that more complex if you approach it from the right perspective.
Every functions has what is called "arguments" (some may call them "inputs"). Most of the time, you enter hard-coded values in for these arguments. But you can also place functions in place of these arguments, if they are of the correct data type.

Here is an example of one I helped someone out with earlier today: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...creating-problem-mina-newbie.html#post5084069
With the MINA function, you return the minimum value of a set of values.
So, "simple" examples may look like:
=MINA(4,7,9)
or
=MINA(A1,C1,E1)
or
=MINA(A1:A3)

But what if you wanted the minimum amount of three SUMs? Simply replace the argument with your SUM functions, like I did there:
=MINA(SUM(A3:B3),SUM(C3:E3),SUM(F3:G3)

Another example is a simple IF statement like this:
=IF(A1=1,"Yes","No)
Now what if we want to return "Yes" if A1 is 1 or 2?
Simply replace the first argument of the IF function with the OR function, i.e.
=IF(OR(A1=1,A1=2),"Yes","No)

So it is really just a matter of using other functions/formulas in the arguments of other functions (think "substitution").
The best advice I can give you is to start simple, breaking it down to a simple formula first, and work you way up but substituting in those parts, one-by-one.

Upvote 0

It really is dependent upon that problem you are trying to solve.But it really isn't all that more complex if you approach it from the right perspective.Every functions has what is called "arguments" (some may call them "inputs"). Most of the time, you enter hard-coded values in for these arguments. But you can also place functions in place of these arguments, if they are of the correct data typeHere is an example of one I helped someone out with earlier today: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...creating-problem-mina-newbie.html#post5084069With the MINA function, you return the minimum value of a set of values.So, "simple" examples may look like:=MINA(4,7,9)or=MINA(A1,C1,E1)or=MINA(A1:A3) But what if you wanted the minimum amount of three SUMs? Simply replace the argument with your SUM functions, like I did there:=MINA(SUM(A3:B3),SUM(C3:E3),SUM(F3:G3)Another example is a simple IF statement like this:=IF(A1=1,"Yes","No)Now what if we want to return "Yes" if A1 is 1 or 2?Simply replace the first argument of the IF function with the OR function, i.e.=IF(OR(A1=1,A1=2),"Yes","No)So it is really just a matter of using other functions/formulas in the arguments of other functions (think "substitution").The best advice I can give you is to start simple, breaking it down to a simple formula first, and work you way up but substituting in those parts, one-by-one.
Thank you for guiding me . And can you please share me the formulas tips and tricks so it will be helpful for me & if there is any formulas which you have been solved can you please share with me.

Upvote 0

And can you please share me the formulas tips and tricks so it will be helpful for me & if there is any formulas which you have been solved can you please share with me.
Since there are an unlimited amount of options, that would be quite impossible to do! It is all dependent on which formulas you are trying to do and the problems you are trying to solve.

There are some "generic" links out there on Excel formulas tips and tricks. Just do a Google search on "excel formula tips and tricks", and you will get tons of links like these:
https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...d-tricks-2b93588a-e7fc-4ca5-b496-35e4141c68bd
http://www.criticaltosuccess.com/to...nd-formula-tips-every-excel-user-should-know/

And you can browse and read a lot of the threads here on this forum to see various examples.

If you have specific questions about specific problems or formulas, you can post those questions on this forum.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back