Adding Excel data to a scanner type system

Amegolas

Hi there,

Im inquiring about someway I can have excel scan data in a website one at a time. I may need a program to do do this but here is the premise.

I would like Column A full of data such as phone numbers. Then proceed to an external website and have excel send each cell of data as text into the "scanner"(copy and paste from excel into the site scanner area) then submit the data(pressing enter) and continuing until all data in column A has been scanned

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
I cant go into this now

Excel can receive scans i.e. barcode scanners data, and you can scan a4 images into excel as am image

This is all a bit like EPOS, not direct to outside world (internet site)

To do that your need to scan the letter or what ever in a desktop scanner, and fragment into excels cells (formatting will go straight out the windows here), threes no guarantee each scan can be fully controlled at this point thus theres going to be pain here

You will require a powerful API to like the session together live on the internet via access at architect or administrator levels and all the rest depending on set up

The first thing to solve is scanning from excel additional software will be required
Excel needs to push that data to the API
The API translates and either holds for request or pushes that data to the web site

or

The API holds the data
The web site pulls the data in

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back