Microsoft Word (2016) Printing comments with the name showing

Shiremaid

Board Regular
Is there any way, without a macro, to get Word to print the name with the comments rather than the initials (especially since it seems to put the inititals in backwords e.g. Tom Smith's inititials would show up as ST)

And is there any way to make sure all the comments are printing as sometimes it seems that replies to comments are not printing.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
There is no reason for initials to be reversed from whatever the commentators had Word configured to show; maybe one or more commentators has them reversed. As for full names instead of initials, that can only be done when the comments are added and only if the commentators have Word configured with their full name.

Upvote 0
I know that the users of some of the comments have their full name in there because when you are editing/reading the document it shows the full name in the comments. But it shortens it to initials when printing.
And although my name is set up as Jane Doe and my initials as JD, it appears as Doe, Jane when editing/reading the document and therefore as DJ when printing.

Upvote 0
A wild shot

If the system is taking your name from the domain i.e. log in details, then yep could be like this. Often happen in AD and Email as someone's set search and surname first thus this is carried over

Set the names to show in two parts, i.e. First name then surname and concatenate/format as required

Your author is the name in the comments

Personalise your Microsoft Office box will have your name it in - try changing it

To do this
Click File > Options in Excel

In the Excel Options dialog box
Make sure you select "General" tab
Look for -
"Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office"

Now change the old name with what you want
Click the "OK"

Upvote 0
Ah ha, found a setting to use my personal settings regardless of sign in to Office. When I click that it displays my name and initials the way I have it set so it must have been pulling it from something our IT set up somewhere.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
spot on yes "" Often happen in AD and Email as someone's set search and surname first """" This is the IT departments doing

Well done, glad your sorted - if things change back as sometimes they can thas IT refreshing global settings and it will always repeat the reset so you need to alter the setting and run the codes each time

jiuk

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back