Need help in pasting Excel cells in word

raj2206

Board Regular
Hello Members,

I have an excel file with working and I want to automatically paste values in some cells from Excel to word by concatenating a cell followed by a table range and than again a cell.

Cell # E10 (Sheet1)
+
Values in Column B Row 1 to Column J to Row till the table last from Sheet - Order Table (The range has to be dynamic as the table many have different # of rows all the time. The values are in excel table and need to be pasted in the same format.

+

Cell # B15 (Sheet1)

I hope I had been able to explain the problem, it would be great if someone can help me with the solution.

Thanks.
Raj

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
If the data are dynamic, why not simply name the variable range, then update the range the name applies to? With that approach, all you need in Word is a simple 3-row table, into which you paste:
• E10 into the first row
• the named colB:J range into the second row; and
• B15 into the third row
in each case, in Word, using Paste Special with the 'paste link' option and your preferred paste format. From then on, any updates to the Excel data and/or the named range will automatically appear in Word.

Upvote 0
Hello Marc,

Thanks for your help, my apologies that I was not able to understand the solution (my apologies if my description of the problem had been confusing).

It would be great if you could explain me this solution step by step.

Thanks,
Raj

Upvote 0
Hello Paul,

Can you please explain me the first sentence - If the data are dynamic, why not simply name the variable range, then update the range the name applies to?

I had never done something similar, it would be great if you can help me to understand.

Thanks,
Raj

Upvote 0
Hello Paul,

I tried to figure out your message. Everything is working except -

When I delete the rows from the table the same is updating in word, however if I am adding new rows it is not adding a new row.

I did name the range (also made the range dynamic using Name Manager and offset formula, which is also working), however I am not sure how do I tell word to copy the named range and not just the range.

Thanks for all the help.
Raj

Upvote 0
Hey Paul,

Yes, I named the range first and than pasted the data in word. When I delete the rows in the table the same is getting updated in word, however if I add any additional rows it is not getting added.

Suppose initially the table had 10 rows, when I remove 2 rows the same is getting in word, but if I add an 11th column the same is not getting updated.

Thanks for all the help and time!
Raj

Upvote 0
I am not sure about how to do this?

I had names the range in Name Manager using the offset formula, in excel when I update the data the name manager automatically expands or shrinks the range, I hope this is what your question was?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back