send email one at a time

waltr1122

Hi all, been some time since I have had need of your excellent advice/help. I need to send out a questionare to approximately 50 people. Each one will contain their individual personal information that I need to get back from them if it needs to be updated. I would like the excel spreadsheet to do all this or at worst have it done on word (mailmerge). I remember being able to do it all in excel many years ago but it has been so long that I haven't got a clue how to do it. Heck I just tried to do a somple VLOOKUP and kept screwing it up.

So I have names and addresses and email addresses. I will need the "letter" pick up the personal information and have it then send itself out using outlook or Gmail etc. Then it needs to loop back to the next email address and do them each one by one until the end of the list. Is this a pipe dream or is it possible? Also I'm not sure if the email addresses are any good. Is there a way to have it log any errors? Or let me know if the emails fail to get delivered.

Walt

I wanted to try to make the emails more interactive using the excel spreadsheet with IF statements getting data from spreadsheets.
For a mailmerge, Word has its own field coding, which includes IF tests that you can use to modify the output. For some examples, see the Mailmerge Tips and Tricks thread at:
http://www.msofficeforums.com/mail-merge/21803-mailmerge-tips-tricks.html
or:
http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/163017-Word-Mailmerge-Tips-amp-Tricks

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slaytonpa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back