Folderspy - Delay run till last change

Stildawn

Board Regular
Hi All

I use a application called TheFolderSpy, this application simply watches a specific folder for any changes (new files created, files deleted, new folders etc).

Folderspy then opens a excel file which has a bunch of code to run on open, working with files/folders within the watched folder.

My issue is, that TheFolderSpy opens the excel file for every change detected, so for example if 3 files get copied into the watched folder, TheFolderSpy will open my excel file 3 times, and in quick succession, like a few seconds a part basically as quick as the files are actually copied in by windows.

What I need to do, hopefully through VBA, is somehow only run my code once per bulk files added/changed. So if 3 files are copied into the watched folder, and TheFolderSpy opens my file three times, I want to somehow capture this 3 times in the excel VBA and only actually run the code once.

But have it run again, if some more files are copied in say a few minutes later.

Any ideas? Is this possible?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back