Mail Merge - multiple email in a cell

ridical

Hi All,

Just have a quick question for the community, quite a complex mail merge just tying to find out what the best way to get to the solution.

I’m trying to create a mail merge, into a word document and then to be sent out via outlook (I am on office 2016) data source is in excel.

However, each row holds multiple data that is it needed for the mail merge. And outlook is not able to mail merge if there are more than 1 email address. All the email addresses should be sent as TO:

For example the email addresses and names are in the same cell and separated by a semi colon;

For example,
Row 1, column A1: Email
Row 2, column A1: test3242G4@testmail.com; test32424@testmail.com; test123344@testmail.com
Row 1, column A2: Name
Row 2, column A2: Mr Smith Jones; Mrs Jones Smith; Mrs Bob Rob

I have tried looking for guides but they a bit confusing for me to follow and don't know if they 100% apply in this case. is there any other solution i can do to create the mail merge instead of a vba?

Any help is appreciated. and i hope i was clear enough.

Some guides I found:
https://wordmvp.com/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm
http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=58331

thank you:
Ridical :)

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
You might consider http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm which while not a true mail merge, will emulate one and you can merge the same message to multiple recipients. From your description you probably need the one to one merge to e-mail option.

Hi, Macropod thank you for your help. unfortunately the administration team have blocked the download. it seems that the virus detector has detected malware ( which is explained in the site that this is false) however the administrator will not allow the program to be downloaded.

would you happen to have any other suggestions?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back