Can do something in excel but need help getting Kronos to automate it. HELP!!

kristylee

Hi all. I have been consumed with a dilemma for weeks so I am hoping that someone can help me.

Right now, we have employees who either earn sick time or PTO (all-purpose Paid Time Off) depending on how many hours they work in the week. If they work less than 30 hours, they earn .03333 hours of sick time for each hour worked up to 40 hours earned per year. If they work 30 or more hours in the week, they earn .03333 hours of PTO time up to 56 hours earned per year. They can not earn more than 56 hours combined between the 2 types. So, in excel, this is easy - I just have a column that adds the 2 together and when the limit of 56 is reached, the accrual calculations for both stop.

We are trying to get this automated in our timekeeping system (Kronos) but they are telling me that they can't have an accumulator totaling across 2 buckets. I can have a max on each bucket but they don't interact with each other at all. So that means for example that an employee could be consistently working 30+ hours per week and reach the 56 hours of earned PTO so that would stop but then if their hours drop to under 30, they would start earning sick time too which we don't want. I am looking for ideas on how they can program this that might work. Any suggestions are appreciated!! Thank you!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
A search revealed this instruction sheet for downloading Work Time Totals to Excel : https://pasadena.edu/business-admin...ronos-job-aids/Kronos-Reports-At-A-Glance.pdf

Once you have a sample of employee work hours in Excel format, it should be easy to convert that data by use of formulas or VBA macros.

I am not completely familiar with KRONOS other than having worked at several locations which utilized that time keeping system. If KRONOS says they are not able to program what you desire ... I guess I would take
them at their word. Certainly it wouldn't be the first time they were asked. Or perhaps they want to charge for the extra service ?

In any case ... sounds like you'll have a little work on your hands to track the Leave Time Totals via Excel as you'll need to download the data into a spreadsheet then manipulate the data.

Here is another link which speaks to downloading a "GENIE" to an Excel spreadsheet : https://www.jefferson.edu/content/dam/tju/finance/controller/Kronos_Timekeeping_Manual.pdf
Once you download the instruction manual go to page 4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back