VBA in Windows10/Excel 2016 Problems and Annoyances

ClimoC

Howdy Gang.

I'm sure I can't be alone in this...

We recently had to upgrade to MS Surface Laptops, with 'Office 365' (though we have the local 2016 installs too) and Windows 10.

I've noticed the following problems, one of which jut cropped up the other day, and are driving me absolutely insane - and one of them physically stops me from doing anything.

Anyone else experiencing these? Found work arounds?

Problem 1: Changes to the Select-Text in the VBE

Some change has occured, where Selecting a block of code with the mouse, won't 'unselect' when you click off/away from it. The selected text stays highlighted, and I can't click the cursor to move to anywhere else, say, after copying that selected text. The only work around, is to hit Esc to deselect the code.

This is causing a lot of issues, because the slightest click/drag seems to delete the text altogether. Other weird behaviours happen too, like the line I had selected suddenly popping up in the immediate window and being deleted from the module.

Problem 2: Using Space, get's deleted or trimmed off, seemingly when focus has been set to another workbook.

So - I'm trying to copy some cell-text values from a different workbook to that which I'm writing code in. I can copy the text, go tot he VBE, and paste - but once I do that - two extra double-quote appear - and immediately, spacebar stops working at the end of lines (it works fine on blank lines). - So I'm trying to type 'Case "Text Value" - and I cannot get the space between the 'e' in Case, and the double quote.

This behaviour seems to stop, when I moved the sheet I was copying from, into the workbook I'm writing code in.

When it's happening, if you hold down the space bar, you can see the space being inserted and deleted immediately.

To qualify this (as per googled suggestions from years' passed) : There are no timed/OnTime events. There are no other timed events. I have tried being in Design Mode. Auto-Syntax is not enabled.

This space bar problem only popped up for the first time this week. Many times I will have done things like this, and it was never a problem.

Any ideas/Consolation that I'm not alone?

I want to throw this Surface Pro out the window.

C

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
I remember when Windows 8 came out and the touch screen features were automatically included in the softeware, whether the user''s system was touchscreen or not. It cause a lot of problems. If your laptops are touchscreen, it could be similar. The mouse behavior may be affected by the touchscreen features. Some of it could just be the system settings. Go into your advanced settings for the application (File|Options) and check your settings.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back