JOIN an Access table and a SQL Server table in a single query from Excel VBA

kashif.special2005

H,

I am using Excel 64-bit

I have a ms-access database and in this database I have normal ms-access table and some linked table from SQL Server, I have a query that is taking a reference of a linked table, and when I am firing that query from excel vba it is giving me an ODBC connection failed error, however I am successfully able to fetch non linked table from excel vba.

Now I am thinking about different approach, can it be possible to join ms-access and SQL Server table in a single query, I found some code from net and tried my luck, but it is not working and again giving ODBC connection failed error below is the code that I am using.

Note:- table "dbo.People" is a sql server table, and except this table all are ms-access table.

Code:
Sub FetchData3()
Dim rs As Object
Dim cn As Object
Dim ss As String
Dim conn As String
Dim accdb As Object

conn = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=G:\Workflow Tools (Michael Cantor)\Tool For Fixing Bug From Michael Cantor\PI MDT Reconciliation Workflow Tool\PI Database.accdb;Persist Security Info=False;Mode=Read"
ss = "SELECT RM.ReconciliationID, RM.FirmID, RM.FirmName, RM.DateRequested, RM.DueDate, Rm.ExtendedDueDate, " & _
    "Requestor.Name, SecondaryRequestor.Name FROM " & _
    "((ReconciliationMaster RM INNER JOIN Reconciliation_Fund RF ON RF.ReconciliationID = RM.ReconciliationID) " & _
    "LEFT JOIN (SELECT Preferred_Name + ' ' + Last_Name AS Name, People_ID FROM " & _
    "[ODBC;Driver={SQL Server};Server=servername;Database=databasename;Trusted_Connection=Yes].dbo.People) Requestor  " & _
    "ON Requestor.People_ID = RM.PrimaryRequestor) LEFT JOIN (SELECT Preferred_Name + ' ' + Last_Name AS Name, " & _
    "People_ID FROM [ODBC;Driver={SQL Server};Server=servername;Database=database;Trusted_Connection=Yes].dbo.People) " & _
    "SecondaryRequestor ON SecondaryRequestor.People_ID = RM.SecondaryRequestor WHERE RM.ReconciliationID = 522;"
Set cn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set rs = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
cn.Open conn
rs.Open ss, cn

Sheet1.Cells.ClearContents
Sheet1.Range("A1").CopyFromRecordset rs
rs.Close
Set rs = Nothing
cn.Close
Set cn = Nothing

MsgBox "done"
End Sub

Thanks
Kashif

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenia71

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back