How To Select "Save As" From IE Download Dialogue Box Using VBA

JoshuaKC29

I realize that there are more efficient ways to obtain files from websites using VBA but I really want to figure out how to control the Dialogue Box that pops up when a user is trying to download a file.

To be more specific, I want to select "Save As" and set the file destination.

Qm1YKLT.png

The download URL is unavailable to me - I'm still working on learning other methods of obtaining the URL. I'm hoping that for the time being someone can assist me in figuring out how to accomplish this task.

I only started learning excel and VBA about a year ago (excel a year ago, VBA six months). So I'm quite new. I apologize in advanced if I am being difficult as I may not understand all the information you're relaying to me. I've mostly been teaching myself through trial and error (looking at code works, erasing line by line to see what happens, making small changes, etc.) I've only recently started to read up on VBA by looking at tutorial videos and reading through forum posts.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Thank you!

Just got back from the Easter holidays, going to look into using the code now. Was trying to replicate the scenario I was having at my office on my home computer and finally figured out a way to accomplish the task. I'll let you know how it goes.

Upvote 0
I tried to reply to your PM, but it bounced. You need to do something with your account to allow it to receive Inbox messages.

Upvote 0
Thanks John,

I noticed. I’ve been trying to figure out why my inbox is full when it is empty. Initially thought I might have forgotten to register but this was not the case.

EDIT:

I should be able to receive PMs now. I was restricted to sending / receiving one message at a time. According to another user new users are limited to the number of messages they can send/receive. So sorry for the inconvenience! I wasn’t aware of the restrictions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back