Office 2019 worth it?

eduzs

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm thinking of upgrading from Office 2010 to 2019. I need to know if I'll still be able to read and edit docx / docm and xlsx / xlsm files created with Office 2010 read/edit in Office 2019 and files created in Office 2019 (Except new funcitons, of course) read/edit in Office 2010, without any problem, no need to import or export or translation. Finally, is it worth the upgrade?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
I am running 2019 and have not had any issues with files created in earlier versions. I was previously running 2016. Do expect that there are issues reading 2019 files in 2010 as they should be fairly compatible. Some minor changes required for some VBA code.

As to worth the cost--hard for me to say as I use HUP and my cost was under $25.00 to upgrade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I need to know if I'll still be able to read and edit docx / docm and xlsx / xlsm files created with Office 2010 read/edit in Office 2019 and files created in Office 2019 (Except new funcitons, of course) read/edit in Office 2010, without any problem, no need to import or export or translation.
You really should do this kind of basic research for yourself instead of asking others to do it for you. As for whether it's worth the upgrade, that's a personal decision.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back