Asus computer corrupts xlsm file?

Lil2606

Board Regular
Hi all,

I have a 1 year old Asus laptop (gamer, so pretty high specs) a 3 year old MSI PC (also gamer, practically a mini nuclear power plant) and a 6 year old Lenovo (which barely lives and even 6 years ago was very poor specs.. I used it to take it to school to make notes, and thats about its ability..) all with win10 and I have MSOffice license from school, which I can use on 5 computers, so I have the exact same office, exact same license on all 3 computers.

I started to work on a project, an xlsm file, which I started to work with, on the Asus, then I got my PC back so I put it over to the MSI and carried on working on it, only to find out that when I copied it back over to the Asus, to take it to he office with me, the xlsm froze on Sheet1 (All other sheets are fine until I don't click on Sheet1, and Sheet1 is the only one without any macros on it), then crashed completely. I assumed the file just got corrupted and I have to go back to a previous version, but when I copied it back onto the MSI, it worked again like a charm.. out of curiousity I tried it on a company DELL, works like a charm.. then tried it on my dying Lenovo, and I had absolutely no issues with it.

Anyone had any similar phenomenom? Has any clue about why this would happen?

Please let me know! Cheers!

Question posted on ExcelForum as well. Link:
https://www.excelforum.com/excel-pr...-computer-corrupts-xlsm-file.html#post5110487

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Windows Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office (version) > Change > Repair)?

Upvote 0
Yes I tried but it didn't work.. so I uninstalled it completely then reinstalled it and the issue is still present

Upvote 0
In that case, you might try running the System File Checker and a full AV scan.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, I just did the SFC it did find corrupted files, but said it repaired them (also had updates on office), but the file still crashes.. :/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back