VBA help files no longer supported????

mikecox39

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Some time ago I subscribed to Office 365. I installed it without giving any thought to the VBA help files.

Yesterday I realized that the VBA help files were not available so, following the instructions in Bill Jelen's book, I uninstalled Office, in order to re-installed it, expecting to see a "Custom Install" option, but it never appeared.

I contacted MS and they said it no longer available. I couldn't believe it and I was baffled! :eek:

How could they do that and why wasn't there a huge Hue and cry?

fyi I have an old copy of Office 2010, on CD, and while I suggested I might have to install it, as a work around, MS said "Do not do that", in no uncertain terms, but what are my options? I am struggling with all the available parameters and need the help file.

I'm not sure I can install my copy of Office while 365 in on my machine so I believe I will have to uninstall 365 then rely on the 2010 version of the software.

Or... is there another option?

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Re: VBA help files no longer suppoerted????

I found googling for help far more efficient AND useful than the VBA help files....I never use them anymore, as they seem to cause more confusion than help !!

Upvote 0
Re: VBA help files no longer suppoerted????

I found googling for help far more efficient AND useful than the VBA help files....I never use them anymore, as they seem to cause more confusion than help !!
Thank-you Michael.

The Help file system seems like it would be much easier to use, since it is seamless; all you had to do was put the cursor on a method and hit F1.

Google searches turn up so many results,much of it irrelevant, or a hustle, that it's hard to sort it all out and get to usable results.

Maybe I just need to learn out how to formulate my query.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back