Adding Screen prints to messages

tomlinsn

Board Regular
Using Microsoft Snip & Sketch to capture current screen print, I can not figure out how to "copy" from that application to post to my messages here. I was told to select the insert image from the ribbon, but it is prompting for a URL instead of .pdf file location. In other applications, I can simply select copy (from Snip & Sketch) and paste (into Word).

I love this site for answers to questions, but I need to communicate a visual problem for a solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Tom

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Not sure if you're in the right area...

There should be a screenshot option on the Insert tab of outlook that would let you take a snapshot of any open "windows" or you can use the Screen Clipping feature to select a custom area. If the option is disabled, put your cursor where you'd like the picture then check to see if the options are available.

url
xdoc-insert-screenshot-1.png.pagespeed.ic.OdIHC-BljE.webp

Upvote 0
I followed those instructions, but on my Mr. Excel page it does not paste (Cntrl V) the selected screenshot. I was told by another user to use the ribbon, but none of those allow a paste option either. Confused. Please adivse and thank you for your response. Tom

Upvote 0
My apologies, I must have misread your original post.

To post a screenshot here on this site, use your preferred screen capture tool to take the screenshot and save the clip to file. Once there, you will need to add it to a file storage site (OneDrive, Dropbox, etc) and look for a share link. Finally, use the Insert Image button in the tread tools (just left of the film strip icon) and insert your url to the saved image.

Upvote 0
No apologies needed, I'm sure it is something I'm doring wrong.

Following your instructions, I still can't get the image to post in a message.

Using the Microsoft Snip & Sketch, I exported the captured screen shot to a .pdf file stored on my Google Drive account. (Originally added to my employer One Drive aaccount, but couldn't get that to work either)

I selected and attempted to cop the URL link with a simple Cntr C

Went to my post in Mr. Excel and clicked from the ribbon Insert Image. When the URL dialog box opened, I pasted (Cntrl V) the link and pressed Enter, but the Message screen remained blank.

Thank you so much for your help! Please let me know what I am missing.
Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back