Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Adding Screen prints to messages

Using Microsoft Snip & Sketch to capture current screen print, I can not figure out how to "copy" from that application to post to my messages here. I was told to select the insert image from the ribbon, but it is prompting for a URL instead of .pdf file location. In other applications, I can simply select copy (from Snip & Sketch) and paste (into Word).

I love this site for answers to questions, but I need to communicate a visual problem for a solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Adding Screen prints to messages

Not sure if you're in the right area...

There should be a screenshot option on the Insert tab of outlook that would let you take a snapshot of any open "windows" or you can use the Screen Clipping feature to select a custom area. If the option is disabled, put your cursor where you'd like the picture then check to see if the options are available.

Cunningham's Law: "The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer."

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I followed those instructions, but on my Mr. Excel page it does not paste (Cntrl V) the selected screenshot. I was told by another user to use the ribbon, but none of those allow a paste option either. Confused. Please adivse and thank you for your response. Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies, I must have misread your original post.

To post a screenshot here on this site, use your preferred screen capture tool to take the screenshot and save the clip to file. Once there, you will need to add it to a file storage site (OneDrive, Dropbox, etc) and look for a share link. Finally, use the Insert Image button in the tread tools (just left of the film strip icon) and insert your url to the saved image.
    Cunningham's Law: "The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer."

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No apologies needed, I'm sure it is something I'm doring wrong.

Following your instructions, I still can't get the image to post in a message.

Using the Microsoft Snip & Sketch, I exported the captured screen shot to a .pdf file stored on my Google Drive account. (Originally added to my employer One Drive aaccount, but couldn't get that to work either)

I selected and attempted to cop the URL link with a simple Cntr C

Went to my post in Mr. Excel and clicked from the ribbon Insert Image. When the URL dialog box opened, I pasted (Cntrl V) the link and pressed Enter, but the Message screen remained blank.

Thank you so much for your help! Please let me know what I am missing.
    Tom

Some videos you may like

User Tag List